Welcome to the Island

"I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,

Over mountain or plain or sea;

I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord,

I'll be what you want me to be."

This Christmas is for everyone.....

Friday, November 18, 2011

ALMOST READY

We have been so busy packing, getting the house ready and writing our talks for Sacrament meeting this next Sunday (2 days from now).

The fellow who was going to rent our home backed out the other night. It looks like we will just close it up instead, allowing our children access to it whenever they drive to Arizona. The weather is very nice in the winter (during this 'cold spell', it is in the 60s early this Nov morning).

The packing is interesting because we will need warm clothes while we are in Utah for 2 weeks, then cool clothes while we are on the island for 18 months (high 70s to high 80s year round). We are packing one suite case for Utah (to be left in Utah) and the rest for Christmas Island.

I have been down loading all my pictures to a 'safe place in the clouds'. It has taken quite a while but it is a relief to have it done. We bought a new little Sony camcorder/camera to take with us. It is compact, portable and takes great pictures. I just don't know how to use it yet. I will try to get current pictures of Arizona before we leave, then I can update this blog entry.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your talks today in church. I wish you the best on your mission. It sounds like it is going to be quite the adventure!

    ReplyDelete