Welcome to the Island

"I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,

Over mountain or plain or sea;

I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord,

I'll be what you want me to be."

This Christmas is for everyone.....

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Local homes just off the beach.


This is a row of well built homes that sit along a back road just off the beach pretty close to where we live. Just to the right of this picture is a small rise that drops down to the Pacific Ocean beach. We have friends/members who live here. I asked a lady if the noise from the big ships disturbs them. She gave me a wondering look (I guess we get use to the noises we hear all the time) then explained that they like the big ships that drop anchor off shore because they light up the night. It is really amazing to see the big giant ships at night. It is like seeing a big 10 story building fully lit from top to bottom out in the middle of the blackness just beyond the 'hill'. It is not unusual to see at least one or two of them resting peacefully out there. Most of the local homes don't have more than one or two lights, sometimes without any additional electricity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment