Welcome to the Island

"I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,

Over mountain or plain or sea;

I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord,

I'll be what you want me to be."

This Christmas is for everyone.....

Friday, October 5, 2012

Let me introduce you to some of our missionaries. Sitting on the floor by the door is Elder Gittins, his companion, Elder Taorobaw, is sitting on the floor next to the fridge. Elder Turner is at the table with Pres. Mabey, his companion, Elder Falke, is sitting on the floor back in the corner. Mission President Shaw is sitting on a chair next to the fridge. I can't remember for sure but I think I was sitting in the kitchen sink so I could be back far enough to take this picture. Perhaps Sister Shaw is squeezed back into the bedroom or perhaps out on the porch.  There isn't much space in this kitchen/office/family room, but it works.

Our first set of sister missionaries came to Kiritimati Island to replace the elders who were here to greet us when we arrived here to start our mission.  Elder Gittins is standing next to his companion Elder Taorobaw. Sister Valo is smiling at her companion, Sister Babo. We two elderly folks are next in line. We act as support, the youngsters do all the hard work. We are so happy to be able to associate with them as they serve the Lord in this great work.

No comments:

Post a Comment