Welcome to the Island

"I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,

Over mountain or plain or sea;

I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord,

I'll be what you want me to be."

This Christmas is for everyone.....

Friday, October 5, 2012

There are a ton of little stores in each of the five main villages.  That makes it really handy for the islanders to buy items close by their homes. There are also a couple of larger general stores that have a good selection of foods. This is what  Matientoake, one of the big stores located in London, looks like on the inside. Besides what you can see from this picture there are several containers outside where extra stock and big things are stored. Going a little further south,  around the corner heading east you will come to the mall.  Yes, we have a mall!  It is an outside mall. There are seven little stores with openings towards the road. The other main store is just outside of Banana. JMB is owned by John who is from Scotland.  His wife lives in Hawaii where she is the purchasing agent. They have several grown children who help run the business from both locations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment