Welcome to the Island

"I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,

Over mountain or plain or sea;

I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord,

I'll be what you want me to be."

This Christmas is for everyone.....

Thursday, October 4, 2012

THIS IS THE "JOHN" THAT G-PA USED WHEN HE WAS ON FANNING ISLAND.  THEY  NOW HAVE A REGULAR TOILET FOR THE MISSIONARIES TO USE (I am sure the islanders must use it when they are near it).
Dad told me that one early morning when he got up (still very dark outside) he was pretty shaky.  He didn't dare try to walk across the 'bridge' to the potty so got down on his hands and knees and crawled across the coconut polls.  Inside there isn't a place to sit down or to even aim at...there is just space between the polls. Sometimes it gets pretty messy inside there. I think he said the sides only come to about middle so he felt pretty exposed. It is easy to flush, you just let the waves wash away you 'business'.

No comments:

Post a Comment